Friday 17 March 2006

Riding the MRT - Why do I stand out

Riding the MRT to work each morning my mind wanders to avoid thinking about the sardine factor of peak hour trains. Today I was thinking about ‘Why do I stand out here’. Is it the fact that when I look around the train I’m head and shoulders above nearly everyone else; maybe! Is it that the handles hanging all the way along the centre of the train swing innocently above people head while they smack me in the middle of my back; maybe! Is it that I was wearing a rather loud Hawaiian style green shirt in honour of St Patrick’s Day; maybe! I don’t think any of these are the true answer, I think it’s the fact that I don’t spend the whole time playing with my phone, MP3 players or Blackberry (or as I like to call them Mulberries). As a matter of fact, I usually don’t even get my phone out, even if it’s ringing, mmmm that could be because I can’t hear the dang thing ringing due to the train noise. Maybe I should buy an MP3 player & Mulberry and join the sheep, aarh maybe not!

No comments: