Friday 3 March 2006

Jason Survived the First Week

Well it’s Friday afternoon and I’ve almost survived my first week at work in Singapore. I’ve haven’t really untaken any real work. Several meeting, surfing the SMU website and intranet. Researching work related aspects of how Singapore organization function etc, all this while listening to Tripe M Sydney via the net and the occasional Skype chat with friends. I have a tendency to destroy my work PC’s in about 1 ½ years. We today is the first day that my PC has worked correctly for the whole day. Dodgy LAN port, video card and RAM. I’ll see what I can do to the hard drive and monitor next week. In my defense it’s not a new PC, it’s about 6 years old, so I should be able to finish it off within the month! You know how I’ve mentioned that Singapore is warm and shops all seem to have there air-con set to freezing, well the office is the same, it’s nice when you arrive, but by lunch its dang cold, and by 5pm I’m looking for penguins under my desk as the office has been converted to a little piece of the Antarctic. Mental note, must bring winter coat to work, mmmm where did I store my winter mitts?

Junior has been quite active this week, moving his/her little groove all around the Buddha belly. Not much of a kicker but likes slithering around and flexing its body.

No comments: